Within the 2016-18 Division Strategic Plan, the Board has highlighted the following areas for Chinook to focus on:
• Complete implemention of Saskatchewan Reads.
• Implemention of high impact writing instructional strategies.
• Research and practice strategies and structures to engage the 21st Century Learner.
The long term outcomes for the overall Division Strategic Plan are:
• By June 2020, 90% of students will be meeting or exceeding Chinook expectations in reading, writing and math.
• By 2017, 100% of SCC's will be actively engaged and aligned with the ESSP.
• By 2020, Chinook's graduation rate will be 90%.
• By 2020, 90% of Chinook students exiting kindergarten will score within the appropriate range in the cognitive domain, language and communication domains as measured by the Early Years Evaluation (EYE).
• By June 2017, the Board will have implemented strategies that will annually ensure efficiency of budget, compliance to policy and legislation, as well as alignment to the ESSP.