KNOW YOURSELF – Grade 9
- Will help the student to find information to define their personal profile (values, personal characteristics, abilities, and interests) and identify possible industries that will fit their profile.
- Will familiarize the students with career education and the SaskCareers website.
DISCOVER CAREER PATHS – Grade 10
- Will direct students to information sources for researching possible occupations for their career options
- Will help students understand the credit system and create a plan for high school
- Will prepare the students for a SaskCareers Student Led Conference
EDUCATION & TRAINING – Grade 11
- Will provide the student with the skills and information to help him/her develop a good resume and cover letter
- Will help students reflex on Career Choices and update their High School Planner
- Will prepare students for their SaskCareers Student Led Conference
MAKE IT HAPPEN – Grade 12
- Will support the Career Counsellor to direct the student to information to help you identify potential jobs, use your networks, apply for scholarships and present yourself well at job interviews.
SaskCareers Student Led Conference
Students in grade 9 and 10 will be sharing their personal inventories, preferred Industries and Occupations and their high school course planner at the second semester Student Led Conference. Parents will receive information about courses, credits and their child's interests and aptitudes.