Chinook School Division Strategic Plan
In the Board’s leadership role for the Division, they have committed to an annual strategic planning process. As a result, they have created a school division strategic plan for 2016-18, giving direction to our schools as they do their planning for the 2016-17 year. These plans are also aligned with the provincial Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) 2014-2020
Within the 2016-18 Division Strategic Plan, the Board has highlighted the following areas for Chinook to focus on:
• Complete implemention of Saskatchewan Reads.
• Implemention of high impact writing instructional strategies.
• Research and practice strategies and structures to engage the 21st Century Learner.
The long term outcomes for the overall Division Strategic Plan are:
• By June 2020, 90% of students will be meeting or exceeding Chinook expectations in reading, writing and math.
• By 2017, 100% of SCC's will be actively engaged and aligned with the ESSP.
• By 2020, Chinook's graduation rate will be 90%.
• By 2020, 90% of Chinook students exiting kindergarten will score within the appropriate range in the cognitive domain, language and communication domains as measured by the Early Years Evaluation (EYE).
• By June 2017, the Board will have implemented strategies that will annually ensure efficiency of budget, compliance to policy and legislation, as well as alignment to the ESSP.
The Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) was developed collaboratively with Public School Divisions, Catholic School Divisions, Conseil des écoles fransaskoises, First Nations, Métis, Ministry of Education, School Boards and students. The goal of the strategic plan is to enhance the experience and achievement of all Saskatchewan students using a Student First approach to focus our work on what matters most (the student).